Thursday, January 28, 2010

Frugality?

Thrifty. Penny-wise. Abstemious. Conserving.  Self-restrained.

I am attempting all of the above.  Lately, I've been severly wasteful with my money.  I work at Old Navy and everyday, I see something else that I want.  Two of my week days are spent entirely on campus, so it's hard not to spend $10 or so a day on food.  This eventually adds up.  So, I'm making an attempt this coming month to save my money.  I've already bought meal replacement bars for the days I'm on campus; however, I don't think they work.  I just ate one, and I'm still hungry.  I'll need to work on that.

Lori and I are going to Charleston in a little over a month.  We decided that we should set a limit for how much money we can spend, and try as hard as we can to not go over that limit.  I'm not sure what the limit should be, because we'll have to consider gas and food.  Hopefully we can make it relatively low!  I think I'll try to document it as we go along.  Maybe if we have people checking in on us as we go, it'll help us stay focused on the goal!

Well, that's all for now.  Wish me luck!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment