Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frosting

I have decided to strongly dislike frosting.  I hate it.  I loathe it.  

Why?  I can't make it.

There is something in my genes that decided long ago that I will never be able to make frosting.  I see these beautiful cupcakes and sweet little sugar cookies with intricately designed frosting patterns and I know in my heart that nothing I make will ever resemble that light and fluffy goodness.



Unfortunately, I'm excellent at making icing- that sickeningly sweet runny gunk people put on coffee cake and scones.  It's basically runny frosting.  That's what I can make- runny frosting.


Barf.

1 comment:

  1. Here's what I do. Take store bought frosting and do this to it:
    1. Add softened cream cheese or cool whip (depending on taste) and blend with a mixer. Let it set back up in fridge for awhile.
    2. Color using food coloring.
    3. Put it into a sandwich bag and cut off a tiny corner of it and pipe into a rickrack style design all over the top until it forms a mound.

    It looks really profesh and is so easy.

    ReplyDelete