Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend

I had a ridiculous, fast paced, fun filled weekend.  It felt like the longest weekend I have had in a while, but it was so so worth it.

Friday afternoon, we left for Atlanta, Georgia to see the Avett Brothers in concert.  The boyfriend's birthday was back in July so I got him tickets to the closest/most reasonably priced concert, which ended up being in September.  Brandi Carlisle opened for them and we absolutely fell in love with her.  She had several hits in the late 80s and early 90s, but I guess she's coming back around.

The Avett Brothers were absolutely incredible.  They have so much energy and are so passionate about their music.  The 2 hour concert went by in what felt like 20 minutes.  I think I could have stayed all night. We loved it.



The next day we stopped by The Varsity on the way home.  You can always count on The Varsity.

After arriving home, I met up with Lori, Jenny, and Jess for a fabulous girls night to celebrate Lori's birthday.  We ate Mexican food, made a chocolate chip cookie cake with strawberry icing and (some of us- Lori) danced the Cupid Shuffle.  It was a great night to spend with friends.



The next day, after church, a group of MTV college students made our way up to Hawksbill- a beautiful 360 view of the high country.  The hike is a little tough (for those of us who haven't exercised since senior year of high school) but it was so so worth it.  The view is absolutely breath taking.





After the great climb, Rich and I made our way to his parents' house for an incredible dinner with blueberry and peach cobbler for dessert.  By the time I got home Sunday night, I was stuffed, sore, sleepy and completely content.  What a great way to spend a weekend.

3 comments:

  1. All of that sounds absolutely amazing. I love the Avett Brothers and Brandi Carlile.

    When I come to visit, I want to go to the place in your pictures... it looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally came to the comments section to say the same two things that Amie did, and now I feel that I can not, but I will anyway. Amie and I discovered Brandi Carlile together and I love her. I also want to hike to this place soon. We seriously need to set a date for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, i feel loved to be in your blog :)! Im coming back soon, before the snow prohibits me too :)! love you!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete