Tuesday, September 21, 2010

SuzyCoupon

I've discovered a miracle.  Upon recent searches, I came across a website entitled SuzyCoupon.  It magically knocks dollars upon dollars off of the regular prices of household items.  It's amazing; like magic!  Yogurt, shampoo, cereal, make-up, laundry detergent, you name it- they probably have a coupon for it.  

I've been trying to be more deliberate about saving money on groceries.  Food is literally what 75-85% of my income goes to.  So, I've been using CouponSuzy, searching name brand websites for coupons (which they normally have) and shopping at Dollar General for all my non-perishables.  Seriously, I probably saved about $20-$25 today on groceries.  Now, some of that might have had to do with my incredible luck as I stumbled upon a half off sale in the make-up section at Walgreens.  My foundation is normally $9-$10 at Walmart, but today I got it at Walgreens for $5!!  It made my entire day.  I even bought two!  And, to be honest, the only reason I went to Walgreens was because I had a "$3 off" coupon for a different kind of make-up, and then saw that the entire department was on sale.  So, essentially, the coupon ended up saving me $10.  I'm telling you, it has taken little to no effort on my part, and I'm saving $20-$30 on grocery trips. It's definitely worth it.

On another completely unrelated note, I have fallen in love.  With this.


It is the Fujifilm Instax MINI.  It prints out the cutest little business card sized instant photographs.  I absolutely love it and I want to purchase one ASAP.  Maybe I'll put all the money I save using coupons into a fund to save up for this camera.  The film looks like it's a little expensive, but that'll make taking photos such a sweet little treat!  A girl can dream...

For now, I must be content with my two $5 pots of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse while listening to my roommate trying to convince me to read The Life of Fredrick Douglass out loud to her.  She's not much of a reader.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip on Suzy Coupon!! :)
    Also, that is the most painfully adorable camera I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete